Westonbirt ArboretumPlaces to Visit
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Westonbirt, The National Arboretum, is located in Gloucestershire, three miles from the Cotswold market town of Tetbury. A remarkable place for people to enjoy and learn about trees - 15,000 specimens from all over the globe offer the perfect place to relax, learn or have an adventure!
Within the 17 miles of accessible paths and five national collections, children become young adventurers, adults connect with trees through guided walks, workshops, self-led trails or volunteering.
Westonbirt Arboretum consists of three main areas. The Old Arboretum (a dog-free zone) is a carefully designed landscape dating from the 1850s offering beautiful vistas, stately avenues and trees from around the world.
Silk Wood (dog-friendly) is an ancient, semi-natural woodland which has exotic plantings throughout its landscape, whilst the Grade I registered Downs hosts species-rich grassland and is a great picnicking location.
Westonbirt attracts over 400,000 visitors per year and is known worldwide for its spectacular autumn colour and the spring rhododendron, azalea and magnolia displays. The arboretum is popular for groups, individuals and educational visits.
Opening Times: Open 9am - 5pm, last admission is 4pm
• Adult £14
• Child from £4
• Reduced entry (students, jobseekers, those arriving by bicycle or public transport) £7
• Group rate (10+ people, pre-paid only) Adult £9 / Child £3
Please visit the website for seasonal prices.
At a glance
- Advanced booking only for all visitors and members of the Friends of Westonbirt Arboretum.
- STIHL Treetop Walkway.
- Dogs: Welcome off the lead in Silk Wood if well behaved, kept in sight and return when called.
- Natural Play areas.
- Mobility Scooter Hire: Available to hire online when booking tickets.
- Children’s scooters and bikes: Welcome if the height is not over 70cm from floor to handlebars